Kawai Howard Grand Piano
I am pleased to offer this fully reconditioned 5' 10" grand piano. Upon completion of reconditioning work in my shop, I have enjoyed playing it immensely, and the piano has received rave reviews by other pianists.
The piano was originally manufactured by Kawai, in Japan, in 1968. This was a decade before the wide acceptance and dominance of Kawai and Yamaha in the U.S. piano market. For this model 550, Kawai licensed the Howard name for marketing through U.S. Baldwin dealers. It is vintage Kawai throughout.
Restoration work has included:
- Refinishing: new satin ebony finish. It's subtle beauty will fit into any decor.
- Restringing: installed Mapes "International Gold" piano wire and Mapes custom copper wound bass strings. As part of the process we installed new plate bushings and nickel plated tuning pins.
- New hammers: installed premium "Blue Point" hammers from Renner. They have been voiced for an exquisite tonal response.
- New knuckles: installed new Abel knuckles. This has enabled like-new precise regulation of the Kawai action.
- Touch weight refinement: fine-tuned touch weight to concert specifications. Pianists can enjoy even, controllable response throughout the dynamic range of the instrument.
This piano is ready for a new owner. My work objective is to satisfy a discriminating, advanced pianist, while meeting an attractive price point. At 5' 10" in length, the piano is larger than Kawai's current model GL-30 (5' 5") and smaller than the GL-40 (5' 11") . For those current models, pricing is in the range of $20,000 to $30,000. We invite you to compare the piano to new instruments of this class.
This lovely, reconditioned Kawai is offered for sale at $10,500. Price includes the artist bench shown, in-home tuning, and standard delivery along the Wasatch Front.
Utah State sales tax is applicable to purchase.
Shown by appointment. Call or text 801-896-4123. Email email@example.com
Price: $10,500 (SOLD)